MUSINGS, INSPIRATIONS, RECIPES, FEATURES & MORE
LATEST / INTERIORS INSPIRATION / MUSINGS / FAWN FEATURES / RECIPES & HEALTHY LIVING
By Katie Jenson-Hull / The Radiant Nutritionist
1 cup (150g) buckwheat flour
1 cup (150g) ground almonds
Pinch sea salt
2 ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp water
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1 free range egg
¼ cup arrowroot
Quiche filling ingredients
100g goat's cheese
Pinch of salt and black pepper
100g chopped rainbow cherry tomatoes which are now in season
2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
1 garlic clove crushed
Handful of fresh parsley (small)
2 tsp dried thyme
5 free range eggs
120ml milk (I used almond milk)
½ small onion diced
1. Preheat the oven to 180c and lightly grease a loose based flan dish with a little oil or butter.
2. In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients for the pastry and combine. Add the wet ingredients and use your hands to combine into a dough.
3. Next add the dough to your flan dish and press all the mixture into the dish to make sure all areas are covered including the sides. Prick the pastry with a fork and bake for 15 minutes in the oven. The base needs to be crispy before removing from the oven.
4. Next saute the onion and garlic for a few minutes, adding the spinach and seasoning and cooking until wilted.
5. Add this mixture to the pastry along with the goat's cheese. Break up the goat's cheese and arrange on the base. Arrange the tomatoes and herbs. Next in a separate bowl whisk the eggs and milk together. Pour into the quiche.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, the quiche is ready to take out of the oven once the egg is fully cooked and it has turned a pleasing light brown.
I find that this quiche is even more delightful the next day.