MUSINGS, INSPIRATIONS, RECIPES, FEATURES & MORE
LATEST / INTERIORS INSPIRATION / COUNTRY & PERIOD HOUSE GUIDES / MUSINGS / SUSTAINABILITY / FEATURES / HEALTHY LIVING
By Katie Jenson-Hull / The Radiant Nutritionist
Simplicity is a life lesson we all need to learn in my opinion. Unfortunately, I learnt the hard way a few years ago, when I was on my journey to heal my thyroid. Hence, you will find me talking a lot on the subject. It is a hard lesson to grasp, but once you’ve cracked it, you are laughing. My tip, to ask yourself why am I making things more difficult or complicated than they need to be.
My love of traybakes and cook once, eat twice came out of that era. This lemon chicken tray bake is the easiest meal to create and tastes just as delicious the next day.
Feeds 3 with leftovers
1 medium organic chicken
100g green olives
A good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
2 lemons, 1 sliced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp paprika
6 garlic cloves crushed
Green leaves or lettuce
1. Place the chicken on a large baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil juice of one lemon, add the lemon slices and add the spices on top.
2. Place in a preheated oven at 200c.
3. Roast as per cooking guidelines on the chicken packet per weight. Cook until the juices run clear and cooked through.
4. Arrange some greens or salad leaves.
5. Top with the chicken sliced into pieces.
6. Drizzle the juice, olives and lemons on top.
7. Finish with a little veganaise mixed with lemon juice and chopped garlic cloves.