MUSINGS, INSPIRATIONS, RECIPES, FEATURES & MORE
LATEST / INTERIORS INSPIRATION / MUSINGS / FAWN FEATURES / RECIPES & HEALTHY LIVING
By Katie Jenson-Hull / The Radiant Nutritionist
2Kg leg of grass fed lamb
50g wild garlic or 3 garlic cloves if you can't get hold of any
4 tinned anchovy fillets with the oil drained
70g unsalted butter
4 fresh rosemary stalks
1. Place the lamb in a large roasting dish that will easily fit into the fridge. Use a sharp knife to make diagonal incisions/slits all over the lamb.
2. In a blender blitz the wild garlic, 2 rosemary sprigs, anchovies, watercress and butter.
3. Rub half of the butterall over the lamb, pushing into the slits so that the marinade can penetrate the meat. Cover and leave for 2 hours in the fridge.
4. Preheat the oven to 200c/180 fan/400f.
5. Break the remaining rosemary springs into pieces and place into the slits.
6. Place the lamb into the oven and pour a small amount of water into the roasting dish to stop the marinade from burning. Cover with foil and cook for 1 hour 20 minutes for medium cooked or 1 hour 40 minutes for the lamb to be well done.
7. Half way through cooking, spread the remaining butter over the lamb. Recover and place back in the oven for the remaining time.
8. Leave the lamb to rest still covered with foil for 30 minutes. Then serve and enjoy.