Musings, Inspirations, Recipes, Guides & More
ALL / INTERIORS INSPIRATION / MUSINGS / HOW-TO / GUIDES / RECIPES & HEALTHY LIVING / PLACES TO LIVE / HOTEL & RESTAURANT INSPIRATION / OFFICE INSPIRATION
By Katie Jenson-Hull / The Radiant Nutritionist
CHIPOTLE ROAST CHICKEN
Fancy a little different flavour for your roast chicken this weekend? Chipotle offers a distinctive smokiness yet sweet flavour combination that combines perfectly with the chicken and aubergine.
This roast dinner is so simple to recreate with minimal fuss and minimal washing up. Now that’s my kinda food. Allowing more time to go on your Autumn sunday afternoon walk or spend more time doing the things you love.
1.4kg organic chicken
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp chipotle paste
Handful fresh thyme
1 tsp dried thyme
1 large aubergine cut into chunks
2 tbsp organic butter
1 onion chopped into pieces
1 courgette chopped pieces
1 lemon cut into quarters
4 large sweet potatoes
Dash of almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180c. Place the aubergine, courgettes and onion at the bottom of a large roasting tin. Place the chicken breast side up on top. Spread 1 tbsp of butter on top of the chicken. Add the chipotle and tomato paste on top and sprinkle with the herbs. Finish with the lemon quarters and seasoning.
2. At the end of the cooking time (check the individual chicken time guidelines) check that the chicken is cooked through.The chicken juices should run through completely clear. Remove the chicken and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
3. To make the mashed sweet potatoes, boil a pan of water and place the potatoes in. Cook for 15 minutes until a fork can easily be inserted and removed. Drain the sweet potatoes, add the almond milk and the remaining butter, season to taste. Mash with a potato masher.
4. Serve the sweet potato topped with the chicken and vegetables.
LUXURIOUS GREEN BEANS ROASTED WITH PARMESAN
Green beans, or string beans as I used to call them when I was little, are a super rich source of vitamin A, C, K, folic acid and fibre. This recipe is a luxurious way of enjoying the last of the seasonal green beans in the garden. Perfect as a side with fish, chicken or beef for your sunday dinner. This recipe is so good, you may just want to make them and enjoy them as a snack when the need calls!
500g green beans washed with ends removed
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
A good pinch of salt
¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
¼ cup organic parmesan cheese or dairy free parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 200c.
2. Arrange the beans on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, season with the salt and pepper, garlic and the parmesan. Toss the beans in the mixture.
3. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until tender.
4. Remove and sprinkle with parsley.