Musings, Inspirations, Recipes, Guides & More
ALL / INTERIORS INSPIRATION / MUSINGS / HOW-TO / GUIDES / RECIPES & HEALTHY LIVING / PLACES TO LIVE / HOTEL & RESTAURANT INSPIRATION / OFFICE INSPIRATION
By Katie Jenson-Hull / The Radiant Nutritionist
One of my favourite things to do is add raw veggies to cakes. This cake is utterly delicious and seriously moist. It houses some super nutritious ingredients including cacao which is full of flavonoids and antioxidants, magnesium, calcium, zinc and iron. The beetroot itself boasts fibre, folate, potassium, iron and vitamin C.
All in all this cake is wonderfully rich, earthy and if you are skeptical, I promise you that you will be a convert!
175g organic plain flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
180g coconut sugar
200g grated raw beetroot
3 organic eggs
200ml melted coconut oil
1tsp vanilla essence
Dark chocolate to create shaving with a grater on top
1. Preheat the oven to 160c. Grease a springform cake tin ready.
2. Mix the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Place the beetroot and eggs one at a time in the bowl and use an electric whisk.
3. Next poor in the melted coconut oil, make sure it has cooled slightly after melting before using. Add the vanilla essence. Blend the mixture until smooth.
4. Pour the mixture into the tin and cook for 45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Place on a cooling rack.
5. Dust with a little cacao and shavings of the dark chocolate.
Absolutely delicious. Enjoy!