Musings, Inspirations, Recipes, Features & More
LATEST / INTERIORS INSPIRATION / MUSINGS / FAWN FEATURES / RECIPES & HEALTHY LIVING
By Katie Jenson-Hull / The Radiant Nutritionist
Ok, now I have your attention.
Avocado in a cake? YES, this is such a super moist and delicious cake. Perfect to bake over the winter months. I first baked this cake as my boys point blank refused to eat avocado unless I hid it in something. They absolutely LOVED this cake. When I asked them to guess the secret ingredient they couldn’t. When they found out, they went back for more! What better testimonial is there?
2 ripe avocados mashed
1 tsp fresh lime juice
200g butter or melted coconut oil (allow to cool slightly first)
200g coconut sugar
Pinch of sea salt
A little black pepper
Pinch of salt
4 large organic eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
50g ground almonds
50ml almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line a loaf tin.
2. To a mixer add the avocado, lime, butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Combine together to form the cake batter.
3. Remove from the mixer and sieve the flour slowly in. With a wooden spoon, combine and follow with the almonds. Once all combined, slowly add the milk.
4. Pour into the loaf tin.
5. Bake for 50 mins or until golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Place on a baking rack to cool.
6. Once cooled, top with a little icing sugar with a squeeze of fresh lime and chopped pistachios.
Enjoy with your feet up and a cuppa.