MUSINGS, INSPIRATIONS, RECIPES, FEATURES & MORE
LATEST / INTERIORS INSPIRATION / MUSINGS / FAWN FEATURES / RECIPES & HEALTHY LIVING
ASIAN CHICKEN TRAYBAKE & ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
By Katie Jenson-Hull / The Radiant Nutritionist
ASIAN CHICKEN TRAYBAKE WITH CRUCIFEROUS GOODNESS
Who loves a traybake? Traybakes are every busy person's best friend. They are an absolute joy for midweek meals. Simply throw everything together into a tray and place in the oven and leave to cook. More time to put your feet up! The extra cherry on top? There is barely any washing up to do!
This organic chicken in a garlic and chilli marinade has a host of cruciferous goodness of sprouts, broccoli and cabbage. Serve with a side of brown rice.
4 large chicken legs
3 tbsp olive oil
1 red chilli chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
2 cups of sprouts sliced
2 cups broccoli chopped
1 cup diced cabbage
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp honey
3 choppedspring onions
Handful of corriander
Juice of 2 limes
1. Prepare the marinade first: combine and leave to marinade in a bowl for a least 30 minutes. I like to prep in the morning and leave covered in the fridge ready for the evening.
2. Preheat the oven to 200c. Place the marinaded chicken and traybake ingredients in the roasting tin. Allow to cook for 10 minutes. Remove and add the other ingredients and combine. Cool for a further 30 minutes or until the juices of the chicken run clear.
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH TAHINI DRESSING
I am such a fan of whole roasted cauliflowers. They make an ideal side or as a centre stage for your meals.
Cauliflower can be deemed a wholefood “superfood” due to its nutrient-rich content. It is super high in fiber, vitamins B and C. Cauliflower is high in glucosinolates (for detoxification) and carotenoids (antioxidants to help prevent cancer).
This cruciferous veggie has a host of amazing benefits from hormone balancing, improving digestion, to skin health and aiding bone health. It is certainly a wonderful veg!
Large cauliflower head
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
Pinch of sea salt
Drizzle of olive oil on top for roasting
For the sauce:
¼ cup tahini
Juice of 1 large lemon
3 tbsp water
1 tsp turmeric powder
Seasoning, including black pepper
1 crushed and chopped whole garlic clove
3 large chopped dates
Handful of fresh chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180c. On a baking sheet place the cauliflower and add all the ingredients (apart from the sauce ingredients). Roast for 40 minutes.
2. To make the sauce add the tahini (make sure it’s well combined and not hard), lemon juice, water, garlic, turmeric and seasoning. Whisk until combined.
3. Place the cauliflower on a serving dish and drizzle with the sauce. Top with chopped dates and fresh chopped parsley.